Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cleanse Day Nine: Pirates, Birthday Cake & Nutritional Shakes. Oh My!


Day Nine was the first day I was faced with major temptation...

BIRTHDAY CAKE.

Anyone that knows me well knows I loves me some cake. Actually it's not so much the cake as the frosting on the cake, but I digress.

So when my son and I were invited to a "Pirate & Princess" birthday party this weekend I was a little anxious over whether or not I could stay true to my nutritional cleanse and keep my eye on the prize when something as tempting as birthday cake was going to be dangled in front of me.

But a weird thing happened when they brought out the cake - I didn't even want any. In fact, when I think about it, I haven't craved sweets at all during this cleanse.

I guess there's something to be said for cutting sugar and artificial sweeteners from your everyday diet.

And while everyone enjoyed pizza at the party, I had one of my nutritional shakes. No it didn't taste as good as pizza, but the satisfaction I felt from not faltering felt better than the pizza would've tasted.

Oh who am I kidding, that pizza would've tasted just as good as satisfaction!

Here's something pretty awesome I wanted to share though, that I probably wouldn't have to share if I'd stuffed my belly with pizza.

 Check out the below pictures of my stomach on Day 1 and Day 9.



Swearsies I'm not even sucking in anything there!

While the number on the scale hasn't moved in the last 2 days for me, I still feel like my stomach is shrinking. I keep trying to remember that it's not the number on the scale I really cared about anyway - it's losing my "baby" belly my body has clung to for the last 8 years.

Seems to be working.

I'm happy to say all the crazy energy and happy thoughts I felt earlier in the cleanse are back. I think my stomach and I have finally recuperated from the 2 Day Deep Cleanse... only we'll both be faced with another one this Wednesday and Thursday.

Meh you very much.

Thank goodness it's the last Deep Cleanse I have to do during my 30 days.

I wonder what fun Day 10 will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment