Friday, November 15, 2013

Getting Healthy... Even When Life Takes Over

You might be thinking that my absence of updates here over the last 16 days means I fell off the nutritional cleansing bandwagon, but that's just not so...

Life just took over the last few weeks and I found myself juggling too much to post.

I'm still kickin' and feeling hotter than ever.

Seriously, I don't think I could've felt any sexier or surprised when I slipped these leggings on a little over a week ago.



I've never had little thighs before. Apparently this is what they're supposed to look like when they're not rubbing together.

To date I've lost 16 pounds. I lost 16 pounds in 48 days, with 5 more to go before I reach my ultimate goal. I'm more than confident I'll be there by Thanksgiving.

I'm now wearing a Size 6 and have found myself back in the oh-so-freaking elusive 130s again.  I'd been fighting a losing battle to get back into the 130s for more than two years. It feels amazing to finally be here again.

Even my doctor gave me a thumbs up at my recent appointment.

Last week my son was away with his father for 7 days and I allowed myself a few cheat days. I figured I earned them. Losing 16 pounds in less than 2 months is a cause to celebrate, especially when you were a former sugar addict!

Last weekend I indulged in booze. I had pasta and bread and cheese and pizza. I had this fear that I would wake up afterwards and have ballooned back to my starting weight overnight for cheating, but of course that didn't happen.

Once my little cheat-cation was over I got right back on track with my shakes, clean dinners and Deep Cleanse days.

Like I've said before, sometimes you've just gotta live a little.

For me being healthy both outside and in takes balance. I surely can't deprive myself of the booze and food I love for the rest of my life - I mean what kind of life would that be?! Sure I might be uber thin if I did that, but I'd be a real bitch if I knew I'd never get to have a cocktail again.

Believe me, no one wants bitchy Mely 24/7.

Alternately, I don't want to eat like crap every day anymore either. I've experienced both sides of the fence since I started this journey. Cleansing to rid my body of caffeine and all the other toxins and icky stuff I'd put into it for years gave me a clean slate, and boy do I feel amazing when I have a clean slate to work with.

This is me now. Shakes and clean meals are part of my routine, even when life takes over...

My being a busy single mom is no longer an excuse for me to abandon the skinny ship and shove McDonald's French Fries in my mouth on the daily.

For the first time in my life I've found a healthy weight loss program that works for me and my crazy schedule. And I'm loving it!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete