Saturday, October 26, 2013

Got 30 Days? That's All It Took For Me To Change My Body & My Attitude


I started on this nutritional cleansing journey thirty-days ago, pretty snarky and pretty skeptical. After all, thirty-days doesn't seem like a long enough time to make any sort of real progress in transforming your body, right?

To be honest, lack of quick results is what has hindered most of my efforts to get in shape in the past. If I didn't see a change right away I'd use it as an excuse to quit whatever diet or exercise program I was doing so I could go back to eating & drinking whatever I wanted while sitting on my ass.

That's just what I like to do, man!

And while I committed to doing this cleanse for 30 days and blogging about it here, I didn't really think it would work for me. I figured after my thirty days were through I'd maybe have dropped a few pounds and felt a little better about myself, but there wouldn't be enough reason to continue on this particular journey.

Thing is, the results were so incredible and I feel so incredible that I don't want to stop!

Not only has my body changed in thirty-days, but my attitude about my health and fitness has changed too. Sure loving the way I look on the outside is awesome, but I also am in awe of the way I feel on the inside.

My mind is clearer, my moods are happier, and my energy levels are more consistent throughout the day - and that's with ZERO caffeine for the last 30 days. Coming from a coffee addict like me that sounds insane, but most days I don't even miss it.

In just 30 days of nutritional cleansing I lost 11.4 pounds and 12 inches from my body - 6 of those inches were from my waist.

As I look at the above picture I really can't believe the transformation that occurred in only a month.

I fit into my Size 8 jeans again without having to fight my way into them - they're actually starting to get a little loose!

I've come to look forward to the "clean"meals I have each night for dinner. Searching for new & healthy recipes and preparing them for myself and my son has reminded me how much I love cooking.

Avoiding dairy and experimenting with herbs and spices made me realize I don't need to drown everything in CHEESE for it to taste amazing.

Exercise wise, few things bring me more joy than sweating and pushing myself during my 90 minute Bikram Yoga class once a week. I'd actually love to do it twice a week if I could somehow find the time.

I have about 9 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight, but I'm confident that continuing this fat burning cleanse will get me there.

Let's see where the next 30 days takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment