Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cleanse Day Thirteen: Sometimes You've Just Gotta Live A Little


Please forgive me for being a bit MIA. Life unexpectedly got crazy busy the last few days and I've been trying to juggle everything - obviously I couldn't since my Cleanse Day 12 post got lost in the shuffle.

But I'm back now after an amazing day in NYC for work and a fabulous evening there with some friends I don't see nearly often enough.

I had originally planned for Day 13 & 14 to be Deep Cleansing Days, but pushed them back a day since I knew I was going to be meeting my friends in the city. I just didn't want to be meeting up with them all spacey and out of it on my first day of deep cleansing.

We all saw what a hot mess I looked like last week...

The amount of happy I have in my heart at this very moment is hard to put into words. Of course that could just be because of the alcohol I drank....

YES, I sinned. When I met my friends this evening for drinks I actually had a drink(s).

I went with full intentions of only having seltzer, but when I got there and saw everyone drinking I really wanted to have a drink too.

When the waiter came around to our table I decided to order one tall glass of seltzer with lime, and then a second tall glass of seltzer with lime - AND VODKA. I was still on the fence over whether or not I would drink the one with vodka, but I figured I'd ponder it over drinking the plain glass of seltzer first.

Only when the waiter came back he dropped both glasses in front of me and they looked exactly the same so I had no clue which one had the booze in it, and neither did he.

Guess I really didn't think that plan out too clearly, ey?

It was at that point I decided to put my fate in the Universe's hands. If I was supposed to have the vodka , the first sip I'd take was going to be the one with vodka; and if I wasn't it would be the plain old seltzer.

VODKA it was. And although I felt a twinge of guilt for a second after I sipped it, I realized sometimes you've just got to give yourself a break and live a little.

Live, laugh, and love I did with my friends in NYC.

The truth is I'm enjoying my new healthy lifestyle. I love the way I feel on this Nutritional Cleanse and I'd love to make it a real part of my life instead of just considering it a 30 day diet and then slipping back into my old boozing and binging ways - but in order for me to do that there are times I need to be able to indulge a little too.

THAT'S why I'm not beating myself up about this evening.

I'm not perfect, but I'm beginning to understand maintaining weight loss is less about perfection and more about balance.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, and gosh darn it I ENJOY BOOZE.

Should I drink it every day? Nah. But I think enjoying it responsibly over great conversation with amazing friends every once in awhile doesn't mean I'm a sinner or even a failure during my weight loss journey.

It means I'm making my fat burning cleanse work for me.

Besides, I'm torturing myself Thursday and Friday during my second round of Deep Cleansing.

That's right, I'm flushing that booze I just drank right out of my system!

How's that for balance?!

Yeehaw!



No comments:

Post a Comment